The Goal

Each day I will write something, be it here, or in a notebook, or elsewhere. Each day I will drip creativity onto a page, until it saturates the emptiness and brings color to a void.

Friday, February 12, 2010

Black Hole

The funny thing about depression is that it hits when there's no reason. I have so much good in my life. So much love, so many friends, so much strength. And I can recite my blessings to myself until I'm blue in the face. It doesn't help.

The funny thing about depression is that even though you feel sad and miserable, you just don't care enough to want to feel happy.

The funny thing about depression is that even if you want to ask for help, you don't feel as though you deserve it.

The funny thing about depression is that because you don't care about yourself, it becomes so much more difficult to care about others.

The funny thing about depression is that the very things that would change the situation are the very things that are the hardest to do.

The funny thing about depression is that one day, all of a sudden, you realize you are depressed and have been for awhile.

The funny thing about depression is that you can sometimes see the light at the end of your tunnel, but getting there seems impossible.

The funny thing about depression is that I've been here before, and knew how to get here, and knew how to avoid getting here, but somehow I got stuck doing all the right things in life that led me to a bad place in my head.

The funny thing about depression is that I keep trying to laugh it off.

The funny thing about depression is that, perhaps, laughing it off is the best cure.

1 comment:

  1. You are a very literant, educated, and understanding person, one whom understands many things that I can relate to. I respect your writings and the way you let your passion and tone be the feel in your writings. Depression is a strong subject, yet you point out that laughter can save you from it, how simple and true, you are. I too write; punctuation and grammer are my flaws, but I try and write with heart and soul. You have my props, may your work, be known ... Keep writing... Jonathan Ryan Guthrie Aka Xander Xavier Reviel

    ReplyDelete